Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
or university with major coursework in a field related to the job.
The successful applicant(s) must be able to obtain a Certification as
a Latent Print Examiner with the International Association for
Identification (IAI) within 12 months from date of hire.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of two years’ experience in a forensic laboratory as a
latent print examiner required. Experience may be substituted for
educational requirements. Prior experience in processing physical
evidence utilizing various sequential processing techniques is
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of latent print practice and procedure.
- Knowledge of evidentiary processing techniques for latent
- Knowledge and use of photography/digital capturing systems and techniques.
- Knowledge of crime scene policy and procedure.
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication. Demonstrated
skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Demonstrated skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle conflict and uncertain situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions and
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective
communications and working relationships with internal and external customers.