Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of three (3) years of direct casework experience in an accredited forensic laboratory with a working knowledge of quality systems, audit concepts and document control are required. A minimum of two years of work experience in quality role in a forensic environment may be considered in lieu of casework. Proven previous work experience with ISO standard 17025 may also be considered. Proven expertise in Qualtrax is a plus.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in a physical science (biology, chemistry, biochemistry,etc) from an accredited college/university (transcripts required). Direct forensic casework experience with a bachelor’s degree in a related field may be considered. A Master's degree is preferred. Certification in a forensic science discipline or quality-related field is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Ability to demonstrate an excellent record as a team facilitator
- Ability to demonstrate strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills at effective project management
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, troubleshoot effectively and make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work well with details