Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in a physical science-related discipline (biology, chemistry, forensic science, etc.) or quality-based field from an accredited college/university (transcripts required). An advanced degree and/or certification in a forensic science discipline or quality-related field is strongly preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of five (5) years casework experience in an accredited forensic laboratory with a working knowledge of quality systems, audit concepts and document control are required. Experience performing DNA casework is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Ability to demonstrate an excellent record as a team facilitator
- Ability to demonstrate strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills at effective project management
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, troubleshoot effectively and make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work well with details