The Assistant Quality Director will provide leadership support to the Quality Director to plan, direct, and coordinate the quality assurance, quality control and accreditation programs and practices of the Houston Forensic Science Center. The incumbent will have full delegated authority to act on the behalf of the division director in his/her absence. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership support to the Quality Director in facilitating processes to receive and maintain accreditation for HFSC, partnering with appropriate managers within the various disciplines and sections.
- Formulate and implement quality control and quality assurance policies, ensuring appropriate monitoring efforts to achieve desired quality and production results.
- Select and supervise direct reports, providing guidance for indirect hires as appropriate. Partner with Human Resources in recruitment efforts as appropriate.
- Provide direction and guidance to assigned staff members, serving as a mentor and coach to ensure that performance as well as behavioral goals are met.
- Ensure appropriate training and employee development is available for staff as needed.
- Partner with the division director and appropriate staff members in the development and/or revision of standard operating procedures, goals and objectives, techniques, policies and reports.