Under the direction of the Manager of the Logistics section, the
specialist will coordinate logistic supply functions within Houston
Forensic Science Center (HFSC), including, but not limited to,
receiving, inventorying, managing, recording, and distributing
incoming merchandise, equipment, or other goods. Specific duties may
include, but not be limited to performing the following duties with
little or no direct supervision:
- Receives goods and services; unpacks, examines and routes incoming
shipments to appropriate division, escorting delivery personnel as
needed, or makes arrangements for pick-up by the division who made request.
- Matches receiving document to purchase order and to items or
- Notes and reports defective materials or items in questionable
condition, shortages and overages. Contacts vendor, and to Accounts
Payable personnel, who will adjust vendor’s invoice.
- Performs computer entry to track receipts and provides Accounts
Payable with packing slips.
- Assists in supply management and distribution of consumable and
- Maintains, checks, validates and updates packing list receipts in
- Maintains effective communication between customer service,
manufacturing operations, and land transportation to effectively
provide answers to inquiries regarding equipment availability and
- Performs other duties as requested