Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Client Services & Case
Management Administrative Specialist performs clerical and
administrative tasks related to records requests, customer service,
record and visitor management. Responsibilities of the Specialist
include but are not limited to the following:
- Responds to callers and visitors in a courteous manner, providing
a correct and timely response if possible or routing to the
appropriate source for a timely and accurate response.
- Utilizes tools for the tracking of calls, emails and other
stakeholder communication channels.
- Creates cases from outside agencies and/or the Houston Police
Department in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
via submission forms and/or other systems.
- Releases evidence to law enforcement officers.
- Receives and delivers mail, parcels, etc. to designated mail
centers within Houston Forensic Science Center (HFSC).
- Maintains expected targets for error rates and throughput for
- Receives, logs and disseminates legal documents and correspondence
received via telephone, email or fax.
- Coordinates responses to court orders, subpoenas, and
discovery requests, enlisting the assistance of HFSC personnel
to compile the requested records in a timely manner.
- Communicates with prosecutors, defense attorneys, and HFSC’s
legal counsel as necessary to help ensure HFSC’s responses are
consistent with applicable law.
- Records data for use in a variety of reports, surveys,
inventories, studies, projects, etc.