Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media Forensics, Computer Science,
Forensic Science, or closely related field is required. A graduate
degree is strongly preferred. Equivalent experience as a multimedia or
digital forensic analyst may be considered in lieu of a degree.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of two years’ experience working with analysis of digital
evidence is required. An advanced degree may be considered as meeting
partial experience requirements. CFCE or GFCE certification is
strongly preferred. CCO, CCPA, GSAF, EnCE, or CCME or the ability to
quickly gain certification is also strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated skill in PC hardware, related software applications,
and networking, including UNIX/Linux and iOS operating systems and
- Knowledge of incident response methodology in investigations.
- Demonstrated skills in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle conflict and uncertain situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions and
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective
communications and working relationships with fellow employees,
internal customers, and external customers.
- Ability to lift computers that can weigh up to 50 lbs.