Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Forensic Science related area from an accredited college/university (transcripts required). Coursework in Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Statistics and/or Population Genetics is required. A skills assessment may be given to evaluate knowledge level. A Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Minimum of three years’ experience working as a qualified Forensic DNA Analyst with documented mixture interpretation training
- Previous experience working with CODIS in an administrator capacity is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, troubleshoot effectively and make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work well with details
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office applications and LIMS systems is a plus.