Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
A Master's Degree. in Chemistry, preferably in Analytical Chemistry is required. A PH.D in Chemistry or Biochemistry, is strongly preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
2-3 years of experience using GC-MS is required; Education may be considered in lieu of experience. Previous experience in a forensic lab environment is strongly preferred. Previous research experience is a plus. Proven experience in analysis of statistical data is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven analytical instrumentation skills including operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Working knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Access database is a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in the field of research
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a challenging and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated skills in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing work assignments
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills