Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Master’s degree in a biology, chemistry or forensic science-related area from an accredited college or university AND successful completion of twelve (12) semester or equivalent credit hours from a combination of undergraduate and graduate course work covering the following subject areas: biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, and statistics and/or population genetics, or other subjects which provide a basic understanding of the foundation of forensic DNA analysis. The 12 semester or equivalent credit hours must include at least one graduate level class registering three (3) or more semester or equivalent credit hours. Discipline specific certification strongly preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Six years’ technical experience with human DNA forensic samples is required. Successful completion of the FBI-sponsored auditor training prior to hire or the ability to complete the training within one year of appointment is also required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated technical skills with current technologies
- Proven experience in client service
- Demonstrated experience with relevant software applications
- Ability in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with co-workers, customers and the general public
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Proficiency with LIMS, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.