Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related Biological Science with a minimum of 16 semester hours (or equivalent) in chemistry and a statistics course from an accredited university. A postgraduate degree is strongly preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of 1 year of work experience using advanced equipment and instrumentation in a forensic laboratory in the area of toxicology. Proven experience presenting testimony in a court of law as an expert witness is a plus. Certification by the American Board of Forensic Toxicology is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, and terminology of analytical chemistry as it applies to the field of forensic toxicology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current developments in the field of Toxicology; through knowledge of modern laboratory principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pharmacologic and toxicological principles as applied to forensic toxicology analysis and interpretation.
- Experience in operating gas chromatography/liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Demonstrated skills at effective project management
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, troubleshoot effectively and make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work well with details
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office applications