Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in Forensic Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or a closely related field from and accredited college or university (transcripts required). Certification through AFTE or ABC strongly preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Prior successful completion of a formal training program in an accredited laboratory is required. A minimum of one year of experience (after the training) as a firearms examiner in an accredited laboratory is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of firearms examination practice and procedure
- Knowledge of ISO-17025 accreditation standards
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication
- Demonstrated skill in using computers and related software applications
- Demonstrated skills in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing work assignments
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle conflict and uncertain situations
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communications and working relationships with fellow employees, internal customers, and external customers.