Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The position requires a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Forensic Sciences or a closely related science field from an accredited college/university (transcripts required). Subjects providing a basic understanding of forensic DNA analysis, as well as courses or training in statistics and population genetics as it applies to forensic DNA analysis are strongly preferred. A skills assessment will be given to evaluate knowledge level.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of two years of experience working in a DNA/Biology forensic environment is required. Previous analytical experience in a forensic DNA laboratory specifically analyzing STRs is required; experience with GlobalFiler® analysis is strongly preferred. Certification or the ability to quickly gain certification is also required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and outside contacts
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, troubleshoot effectively and make timely and sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work well with details
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office applications is a plus.