Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT
A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; experience may be considered in lieu of the degree. Certification from the International Association of Identification (IAI) as a Certified Crime Scene Analyst, or the ability to achieve the certification within the first year of employment is strongly preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
A minimum of five years of crime scene and/or applicable technical experience is required. A minimum of two years ofexperience in a supervisory role is also required. The successful completion of an accepted supervisory and/or management academy/training program is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- Proven knowledge of crime scene unit systems, documentation, and controls for the proper processing of complex crime scenes, including the identification, documentation, collection, preservation, and submission of evidence
- Proven courtroom testimony as in a crime scene investigator capacity
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience as an effective leader
- Demonstrated skill in effectively utilizing technology and related software applications
- Demonstrated skills in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing work assignments
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle conflict and uncertain situations, including interactions with citizens and family members who are experiencing traumatic events
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communications and working relationships with fellow employees, internal customers, and external customers
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Microsoft’s cloud-based service, SharePoint, is required.
- Working knowledge of a Laboratory Information Management System and Microsoft Access is a plus.
- Willingness to work off-shifts.
- Willingness to work extended hours with little or no advance notice.
- Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without accommodations:
- Ability to stand and walk around for extended periods of time
- Ability to complete tasks regardless of the weather or temperature
- Ability to complete tasks regardless of foul odors or insect activity
- Ability to lift and carry, push or pull up to 150 pounds